Vacancy Front-end Developer
Are you passionate about Big Data, scalability issues and/or awesome data visualisations? Than you are the one we’re looking for!
With 1000+ national and international clients that use our tools to support their online- and offline media monitoring, webcare, messaging, social analytics and content publishing, it’s safe to say that we are the market leader when it comes down to media monitoring in the Benelux. Does this sound as an environment you’d like to contribute your talents to?
About the job
As Front-end Developer you will work in one of our two teams in which you will be focusing on working on our software products such as: Brand Monitor, Social Inbox and Content Calendar and build a deep understanding of these products as you work on them.
Our teams operate with Scrum on 2 week sprints. Curious to find out how our cycle is characterised? Please do ask! Next to working on our products, your activities will also conclude the Service Duty. Internally we have a rotating schedule wherein a member of each team is assigned “service” duty on a week by week basis. Service duty involves walking to the clnh, or any bugs that really need urgent attention. This doesn’t replace the service desk JIRA board, but serves to augment communication between the teams and keep information flowing smoothly.
Our technology stack
Team Hierarchy and Philosophy
The team works on a relatively flat hierarchy. We are all here because we enjoy what we do, and we want to make something cool! This is something that you are able to (and encouraged to) shape. The team is informal and fun (also one of the company’s core values) and wearing headphones is not the universal “I’m busy, don’t talk to me” signal that you may have experienced before in previous jobs or teams. Ask questions, socialize, and if you need help, just ask for it. We are a friendly bunch, and any one of us will be happy to help you out with whatever you need.
What we offer
- Fitted salary based on previous experiences and gained knowledge.
- A laptop for professional and personal use.
- 25 holidays based on a 40 hour workweek.
- The possibility to follow courses and trainings.
- Being part of a ‘mature’ stack that involves a lot of new and upcoming technologies.
- Working within a team of enthusiastic and knowledgeable colleagues that are driven to produce high quality code and products.
- Thorough knowledge of React and Redlux
- Familiar with software engineering practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, test driven development.
- Knowledge of atomic design.
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Mercurial).
- Knowledge and experience with Flask, Django & Django Rest Framework
- Knowledge and experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with AWS Services such as EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS
- Experience working with Java, Maven Spring
- Experience with working in a SCRUM team
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Puppet
*Just note that even if you don’t fully match the profile, we’d love to hear from you!
Since its foundation in 2011 OBI4wan has been helping organisations to succeed in their media monitoring and online customer contact. Our user-friendly tool gives support to our customers with their online and offline media monitoring, webcare, messaging, social analytics and content publishing.
In this way a complete and accurate overview of millions of (inter)national messages and conversations for real-time web-care can be gained and targeted monitoring of your organisation, market or competition is possible, at all times and wherever you happen to be.
We have been collecting all relevant messages from popular social media platforms and millions of (inter)national blogs, forums and news sources. With the addition of innovative solutions for radio, TV and print monitoring you can be sure never to miss another relevant message. Our team of enthusiastic service agents and consultants are also there each day to advise clients on the best way to benefit from OBI4wan!
Our office is located directly next to the train station of Zaandam. According to our timely colleagues getting from the train to the building will cost you 2 minutes and 33 seconds. If you come to the office by car, we are located on the Korte Hogendijk 2, easily accessible from the A7.
Are you looking for a new challenge? We would like to get in contact with you! You can send your resume with contact details to Clariva Rijkland (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you have any additional questions regarding the job, you can call us on 085 210 50 60. Or drop your information below, and we’ll give you a call back!