Vacancy Scrum Master
Are you passionate about big data, scalability issues and awesome data visualisations? Then you are the one we’re looking for! With 1000+ national and international clients that use our tools to support their online- and offline media monitoring, webcare, messaging, social analytics and content publishing, it’s safe to say that we are the market leader when it comes down to media monitoring in the Benelux. Does this sound as an environment you’d like to contribute your talents to?
About the job
Currently the developers do a very small subset of the Scrum Master role. This basically consists making sure the stories/bugs and respective tasks are in the correct state and making sure everyone looks at the pull requests. As Scrum Master you will guide the teams as they work on our applications such as the Brand Monitor and the Content Calendar. For this role we are looking for someone who can help us with the following:
- Keeping a better eye over the sprint.
- Help us understand if we are prepared for a two week sprint, and if not how the teams can get there.
- Notice trends; help us improve where needed. For example: do we underestimate some stories? Do we underestimate others? Is there some pattern about which ones we usually overestimate and which ones we usually underestimate?
- Create graphs and reports about the Development progress that we can probably use for months/quarters. Share this with the rest of the company to make sure they are updated as well.
- Coordinate with the Product Owner to keep the Backlog groomed.
- Lead stand up, refinements, planning and retrospective meetings.
- Bridge the gap between the Product Owners and the Development team when needed by scheduling and leading meeting when necessary.
- Keep updated with the best practices and new trends regarding Agile methodology and make sure we don’t get stuck in the past things as evolve.
What we offer
- Fitted salary based on previous experiences and gained knowledge.
- A laptop for professional and personal use.
- 25 holidays based on a 40 hour workweek.
- The possibility to attent courses and trainings.
- Being part of ‘mature’ stacks that involves a lot of new and upcoming technologies.
- Working within a team of enthusiastic and knowledgeable colleagues that are driven to produce high quality code and products.
- Two or more years of experience as Scrum Master in a multi-project environment.
- Team and stakeholder coaching, particular for Agile teams.
- Able to communicate effectively inside and outside of the team.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Team Hierarchy and Philosophy
The team works on a relatively flat hierarchy. We are all here because we enjoy what we do, and we want to make something cool! This is something that you are able to (and encouraged to) shape. The team is informal and fun (also one of the company’s core values) and wearing headphones is not the universal “I’m busy, don’t talk to me” signal that you may have experienced before in previous jobs or teams. Ask questions, socialise, and if you need help, just ask for it. We are a friendly bunch, and any one of us will be happy to help you out with whatever you need.
We all take pride in our work, and you should too! By being proud of what we produce we can ensure that working together as a team isn’t only benefiting the company, but also your well-being and sense of self worth. Even as new team member we invite you to speak up and get your opinions heard! Nobody is immune to being wrong, and telling existing team members how to improve is positive for all of us, as long as your approach is friendly and considerate.
Since its foundation in 2011 OBI4wan has been helping organisations to succeed in their media monitoring and online customer contact. Our user-friendly tool gives support to our customers with their online and offline media monitoring, webcare, messaging, social analytics and content publishing.
In this way a complete and accurate overview of millions of (inter)national messages and conversations for real-time web-care can be gained and targeted monitoring of your organisation, market or competition is possible, at all times and wherever you happen to be.
We have been collecting all relevant messages from popular social media platforms and millions of (inter)national blogs, forums and news sources. With the addition of innovative solutions for radio, TV and print monitoring you can be sure never to miss another relevant message. Our team of enthusiastic service agents and consultants are also there each day to advise clients on the best way to benefit from OBI4wan!
Our office is located directly next to the train station of Zaandam. According to our timely colleagues getting from the train to the building will cost you 2 minutes and 33 seconds. If you come to the office by car, we are located on the Korte Hogendijk 2, easily accessible from the A7.
Are you looking for a new challenge? We would like to get in contact with you! You can send your resume with contact details to Clariva Rijkland (email@example.com). If you have any additional questions regarding the job, you can call us on 085 210 50 60. Or drop your information below, and we’ll give you a call back!